I posted this three times tonight and had three people tell me that I helped save their life. Thank you to those people who have decided to struggle through to let us enjoy the gift of one more day of their prescence gracing us all. I hope that you all reblog this, to save another few. Because we all dserve another chance and hope in life. I went to the hospital 6 times before I decided to keep my life but I hope none of you suffer that much. And I hope you all can make that scary, seemingly painful, blind, hoping, wonderful step to live.
I want to help you in any way I can. ANYTHING. I mean it. If I had had someone stay with me and text me or talk to me all night, just one time, it would have changed my life. I know how hard those nights can be.
^I love this girl more than words can express.
foundmywaywheniwaslost: I am always here if anyone ever needs to talk/vent. You have a purpose, Please Stay Alive. <3
Not just for tonight but for the rest of your life. You have so much to look forward to in the future that if you choose to kill yourself, it will be the biggest mistake of your life. You’re going to miss out on people you’ll never be able to meet, kids you’ll never have, a partner to love or partys to go to. There’s just too much that you’ll miss out on. You deserve and have the right to be here as much as the person next to you does. You’re just a drop in the ocean. You were meant to be here and you have a purpose. Don’t ever forget that. And if you feel like you don’t, just believe in yourself because you do. If you ever feel worthless or like shit, know that I love you and those dicks that tell you shit are jealous that you’re who you are because there’s something about you that they wish they could have. Please stay strong and never give up because things DO GET BETTER.
3rd time I reblog this xx
Keep your self awake, I hope your here to stay. This day is not yet over, let me be your four leaf clover.
Reblogged it and queued it so it’ll post tomorrow too. And the next day and the next so I hope I can save someone. We all love you.
someone messaged me this morning saying it helped and thanked me, so im reblogging this again, and queuing it. stay strong guys.
I reblog this whenever I see it. If you don’t reblog it, unfollow me right now. If you don’t care enough to put this simple picture on your blog, I’m judging you.
The very first time that I reblogged this, I had someone message me the next day saying that because of me, they didn’t kill themself. From then on whenever I see anything like this on Tumblr it’s an instant reblog for me. After receiving that message it just changed something in me. Whenever anyone I see on my dash is having thoughts of self-harm or even suicide, I automatically go to their page and offer them even just an ear to listen. Nearly all of them I receive messages back from saying that they are grateful, and they end up sharing their story with me, and in return I give them advice as best I can. Several of them have said that their lives have gotten much better because they opened up and sought out help.
Out of those people, I’d say at least 5 have even gone so far as to say that they didn’t kill themself because of me. That is, I kid you not, the best feeling in the world.
this man i cant even
[rebloggable by request]
Well, first of all, WELCOME TO ONE OF MY PET PEEVES.
A female character does not have to be “strong” (whatever your definition of that is) to be a good character.
Women can be strong, or wussy, or emotional, or stoic, or needy, or independent, and still be legitimate people and interesting characters.
In our totally understandable desire to see portrayals of strong women (in reaction to decades of damsels in distress and women as appendages), we’ve somehow backed ourselves into this corner where the only acceptable portrayal of a woman in the media is a strong, kick-ass woman. That is not doing women any favors. It just leads to the attitude that you have to be ONE WAY ONLY to be legit as a woman. You shouldn’t have to be Natasha Romanoff or Xena to be considered a good character. Don’t get me wrong, I love a good Buffy as much as the next person, but that should not be the only acceptable portrayal. It should be okay for a female character NOT to be strong, too. Let’s take Molly Hooper as an example. She is not the stereotypical “strong” woman. But hell, she went through medical school, didn’t she? She’s smart, and she’s funny, and she serves a story function - she is not a major character, but she doesn’t have to be. But her character gets criticized because she pines after Sherlock. What, you never pined after somebody? Did it make you invalid as a person? You never got a bit silly over a crush? I know I did. And I still consider myself a strong woman. It should be okay for Molly to have a crush on Sherlock without getting the “oh, she’s so pathetic, what a terrible example, what a horrible female character” thing she so often gets. Yes, because it’s so terrible that a female character should reflect an experience that like 99% of us have had.
Screw writing “strong” women. Write interesting women. Write well-rounded women. Write complicated women. Write a woman who kicks ass, write a woman who cowers in a corner. Write a woman who’s desperate for a husband. Write a woman who doesn’t need a man. Write women who cry, women who rant, women who are shy, women who don’t take no shit, women who need validation and women who don’t care what anybody thinks. THEY ARE ALL OKAY, and all those things could exist in THE SAME WOMAN. Women shouldn’t be valued because we are strong, or kick-ass, but because we are people. So don’t focus on writing characters who are strong. Write characters who are people.
The only bad female character, if you ask me (and you did), is one who’s flat. One who isn’t realistic. One who has no agency of her own, who only exists to define other characters (usually men). Write each woman you write as if she has her own life story, her own motivations, her own fears and strengths, and even if she’s only in the story for one page, she will be a real person, and THAT is what we need. Not a phalanx of women who can karate-chop your head off, but REAL women, who are people, with all the complexity and strong and not-strong that goes with it.
This is why I disagree with the “damsel in distress” criticism of Irene in the last scene of Scandal. Here’s the thing about being a damsel in distress…it’s only bad if that’s all she is. If the character’s defining characteristic is being a damsel in distress, that’s bad. But if an otherwise complex character with lots of other agency and actions happens to be in distress, then…that’s all it is. She is in distress. That happens. Characters are often in distress, or there would be no plots. Should a female character never be allowed to be in distress, at ALL, to be valid? No.
A strong female character is one who is defined by her own characteristics, history and personality, and not solely by the actions or needs of other characters. She is a person in the story, not a prop. That is the best definition I can come up with. Note that my definition did not involve martial arts.
That was probably longer than you were anticipating! I’ve had that percolating for a long time.
Practice drawing Sakura to draw Yamasaku!
Diane Setterfield, The Thirteenth Tale
It doesn’t matter if you’re pretty
or have things all over your face,
because what truly matters is
what’s inside you.
this is actually the most meaningful and thoughtful post i have ever seen on tumblr
I want that black fridge!
I was on the app and I thought it was a hipster post, until the pictures loaded.
TAG YOUR PORN.
Wasn’t it January like 5 minutes ago?
I swear to god it was
Last time i checked it was 2011??
I fell asleep in 2007 and I woke up now it’s 2013
Wait the 90’s are over???
Hold up, the Spice Girls broke up!?
No but seriously, someone needs to write a trilogy about Finnick and Annie. You can’t just introduce these two amazingly beautiful, tragic, broken individuals and just expect us not to want more of them.
Girl all you gotta do is divide 48 by four it’s literally the easiest part
Using y = mx + b to measure the slope of that ass
Mathematically incorrect. Unless the ass was linear, but that’s biologically incorrect. You’d probably wanna use something like y=ax^2+bx+c because the ass is a second degree polynomial curve.
did you major in booty math
when did it happen and how did I not notice it?
What I mean is, when did the sites disable copying text? That is awesome. I mean, thank god, I’ve never come across plagiarising problems with my writing, but I’ve heard of tons and tons and tons and tons … and tons of people who have and who have…
It actually does not protect anything. It actually harms readers of the site that need to screen readers or have reading-related disabilities that are helped by highlighting text.
Really? I get that it can be bothersome/obstructive for people with reading disabilities - but why does it /not/ help with plagiarism issues?
1) Put your iTunes on shuffle. Give me the first 6 songs that pop up. — 1. K05 Happy Birthday! (It’s part of a Cecilia Ahern audiobook, one of her better ones :D), 2. Diese Frau Sagte Ich Empört (Agatha Christie, Murder in Mesopotamia audiobook), 3. Never Be the Same Again - Melanie C, 4. Jane Eyre 1e (you know … I have a lot of audiobooks … xD), 5. Suna no Oshiro - Kanon Wakeshima.
2) If you could meet anyone on this earth, who would it be? — I would love to meet a lot of famous people, but right now, I’m feeling it’s my mother’s mother. She died young, when my mother was only 14, and they still don’t know exactly why. That’s kind of what happens when you’re Vietnam in its 70s, with no money whatsoever.
3) Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 23, give me line 17. — “Ungehaltene Ausrufe wurden laut.” (It’s from my sister’s Darren Shan collected volume 7-10)
4) What do you think about most? — Trivialities. The thing hat I consciously think most about would probably be … well, me. How my life affects others, how my family is, how I am and what I do and what I want.
I don’t even think that’s ego-centric or something. It’s just — you live your life, so of course you sometimes think about the centre of it, id est yourself.
5) Ever had a poem or song written about you? — In fact, yes. I’m not very gracious about such things, so when the poor awkward boy wrote me that kinda bad poem in that booklet my grade school class made for me before I went to grammar school, I notoriously ignored him. Honestly, it was bad.
6) Do you have any strange phobias? — I had to google the phobia again because I always forget its name and of course google search means pictures and arhghsföshdfkdfak. It’s called trypophobia which means I find small holes creepy and icky and föfhöoahdsahl, and scientists aren’t very sure whether it’s a phobia at all.
7) What’s your religion? — I don’t have an official religion. My mother’s buddhist, I grew up in a Protestant (school) environment, but I think I believe my father mostly, in that he said: “What does it matter what kind of religion you believe in? In the end, it’s about leading a good life and being a decent human being.” And I think that’s it. I can be that without giving myself a label.
8) If you are outside, what are you most likely doing? — Walking, listening to music, talking, singing. In that order.
9) Simple but extremely complex. Favorite band? — Must I choose? Really?? Just one? …
Fall Out Boy, I guess. Or Coldplay. Or Imagine Dragons. Or-… erm. No, Fall Out Boy it is.
10) What was the last lie you told? — “Eh, no, with another one.”
11) Do you believe in karma? — Not really. I believe in trying to be the best kind of person one can be … I don’t really believe in being rewarded for that because there’s just one to many person who doesn’t believe the shit s/he gets out of life.
12) What does your URL mean? — it’s “bells-mannequin” which is my everywhere online fanfiction/fandom-y login. It’s old, in hommage to Jack’s Mannequin, but I’m entirely too lazy to come up with sth new.
13) What is your greatest weakness; your greatest strength? — Greatest weaknesses: Indecisiveness, my urge to lie to make things easier. Greatest strengths: My humor. My mind, I guess. (I love you, mind.)
14) Who is your celebrity crush? — … I don’t really have one, actually. I’m really not into crushing on people I don’t know personally. Maybe John Green?
15) How do you vent your anger? — I’m very vocal about things that make me angry. I usually call one of my friends or whatsapp them my frustrations, and rant for a good couple of minutes. Or, if no one is available or I don’t want anyone to know, I just listen to music very loudly and sing along.
16) Do you have a collection of anything? — Books and nail polishes, I’d say. I want to have a collection of wrist watches, but that’s a little bit more expensive than nail polishes.
17) Are you happy with the person you’ve become? — Yes. Yes I am, in general. But I’m still a work in progress, so we’ll see :)
18) What’s a sound you hate; sound you love? — hate: When people get to close to a mic and it makes that loud, wailing sound that echoes for a good few seconds? That’s my personal fingernails-on-chalkboard. love: fireworks. I’m not so sure if that’s my favourite, but well. Fireworks.
19) What’s your biggest “what if”? — This is not my biggest, but I’m not so sure if that’s something I want to say openly on my tumblr. So, the second: What if I’m not as intelligent as I think I am? (And that’s really not supposed to sound conceited. I’m just sadly the kind of person who gets self-value from academics, so when I fail in that part of my life, I what-if a lot.)
20) Do you believe in ghosts? How about aliens? — Nope, and nope.
21) Stick your right arm out; what do you touch first? Do the same with your left arm. Right: A TV that’s only used for karaoke. Left: The pitch of the roof I’m living under. As in, the inside of the roof, not the outside xD
22) Smell the air. What do you smell? — It smells wood-y. And kind of stale because I’m sick and tired of all the fucking mosquito bites I get all the fucking time in fucking October. (See? I’m vocal when annoyed.)
23) What’s the worst place you have ever been to? — I honestly don’t remember.
24) Most attractive singer/s of your opposite gender? — Eh, I really don’t know. Hm, Johnny Depp sang once. So, him? xD Srsly, don’t ask me things about other peoples’ looks because I never pay much attention to attractive people. They’re hot, and then that’s it. Next, please.
25) To you, what is the meaning of life? — Happiness, in whatever way you think is achievable and worth it.
26) Do you drive? If so, have you ever crashed? — I just got my driver’s licence (in German, it’s usually with 18, so I’m already a little late, but I was lazy and I’m a real-ass penny-pincher, so …) And no, in my … 8 or so weeks of having a driver’s licence, I have never driven, ergo never crashed.
27) What was the last movie you saw? — Catching Fire, two days ago, actually. It was a pretty good movie adaptation.
28) What’s the worst injury you’ve ever had? — I once broke my toe in a bycicle stunt worthy of … nothing.
29) Do you have any obsessions right now? — Well, duh. Tumblr and with it all the 421347294397 series/movies/books I (want to) devour. Sigh.
30) Ever had a rumor spread about you? — Yup. It was fun as hell.
31) Do you tend to hold grudges against people who have done you wrong? — Not grudges per se. More … like wariness?
32) What is your astrological sign? — Aquarius.
33) What’s the last thing you purchased? — A much needed cappuccino.
34) Love or lust? — Love.
35) In a relationship? — Love or lust … in a relationship? Or just [are you] in a relationship? Well, love, and no. :)
36) How many relationships have you had? — Exactly zero, if we’re talking ‘bout the usual dating-going-out thing. In any other sense, a lot :)
37) What is your secret weapon to get someone to like you? — I’m pretty good in the kitchen, so pancakes, pizza, Vietnamese stuff. Cookies. Tortes. And also, my casual yet devastating charm. Haha. Ha.
38) Where is your best friend? — I don’t have one singular best friend. It’s against my … beliefs, kinda. So, one is in Tübingen, one is in Austria, some are in Berlin.
39) What were you doing last night at 12 AM? — I re-read my favourite Odesta (Finnick/Annie) fanfiction, Where Soul Meets Body because of the movie and also, because that story is absolutely gorgeous. A real gem, go read it!
40) Are you the kind of friend you would want to have as a friend? — Hm, I guess. I wouldn’t mind, at least.
41) You are walking down the street on your way to work. There is a dog drowning in the canal on the side of the street. Your boss has told you if you are late one more time you get fired. What do you do? — If I see a dog drowning, that goes first no matter what. But on the other hand, what is that job? Part-time in a greasy diner to finance my university life? Or the job of my dream (which would never be the kind of job where my boss would fire me if I’m late one more time.
Anyways, I’m no good with dogs and only semi-good with swimming, so I’d probably call 112 (fire brigade in Germany) and tell them and then see if I can save the stupid dog without getting myself a bath. And also, try to charm/guilt-trip the people around me to help the stupid dog.
Sigh. Dogs … -_-
42) You are at the doctor’s office and she has just informed you that you have approximately one month to live. a) Do you tell anyone/everyone you are going to die? b) What do you do with your remaining days? c) Would you be afraid?
a) I would. I would tell my friends first, and then I’d hesitate because I wouldn’t know how to tell my family. But I would because what kind of person is it that wouldn’t? Not me, that’s all.
b) If me dying wouldn’t affect my health/body beforehand, I’d travel for two weeks. New Zealand, Sicily (once more because I effing fell in love with that island), New York. It’s not like money would matter anymore at that point.
And then, well. Spend the days with my family, I guess. Talk a lot, laugh a lot, play card games. Make food together.
c) If I’d still be 100% conscious and awake and everything, I guess I would. It’s just … the great unknown, and it’s fascinating and totally interesting, but it’s also very scary. Also, I think death affects the living much more than the people dying, so —I’d worry a lot about how the people in my life would cope.
43) What’s a song that always makes you happy when you hear it? — Don’t Panic - Coldplay. It’s the guitar, I swear.
44) In your opinion, what makes a great relationship? — being on the same wavelength; as in understanding each other by cues sometimes, getting what the other person’s words mean and are supposed to mean, laughing about the same things. Sometimes things just click and that’s something wonderful. It’s also totally random, you can’t replicate it.
45) How can I win your heart? — Hug me a lot. Don’t be unreasonably grumpy/crabby/sullen/whatever other synonyme. There’s little I understand less than people who are always rude and let their bad mood out on other people. Also, a pizza stone. Buy me a pizza stone and I’ll happily make you pizza whenever you ask :D
46) Can insanity bring on more creativity? — Of course it can. Last year I worked in a psychiatry ward, with people who have schizophrenia, and they see a lot more in the world than I do. The question is, can insanity channel more of that creativity, and I’m not so sure about that. That would depend on the person’s way of coping with his/her insanity, I guess.
47) What is the single best decision you have made in your life so far? — Learning Ancient Greek and Latin, I guess, because it made my world so much more … logic and bright and exciting. (Yes, I’m a proud dead-languages nerd.)
48) What would you want to be written on your tombstone? — I’m really no good with that kind of thing, but I’d be content with something along the lines of “we’ll miss you, you were awesome”, haha.
49) Give me the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word “heart.” — The very first thing was the heart in its biological sense. Like, red, pumping blood, life force. I’ve never touched a human’s heart before, but I imagine it’s smooth. And slick, if you count the blood.
50) Basic question; what’s your favorite color/colors? — Autumn leaves red and violet blue, I’d say.
51) What is your current desktop picture? — On my laptop, it’s a default thing, not very exciting but I’m lazy. On my phone, it’s a photo from the Berlin Hauptbahnhof (that I’m frequenting since I’ve moved because of university blabla) and it’s a pretty good phone pic, I’d say xD
52) If you could press a button and make anyone in the world instantaneously explode, who would it be? — No one, oh my god. Oh my god, NO ONE.
53) What would be a question you’d be afraid to tell the truth on? — My non-existent love life, I guess.
54) You accidentally eat some radioactive vegetables. They were good, and what’s even cooler is that they endow you with the super-power of your choice! What is that power? — Flying, or telekinesis would be cool. Or maybe the superpower to be more creative about answering that question xD
55) You can re-live any point of time in your life. The time-span can only be a half-hour, though. What half-hour of your past would you like to experience again? — Something silly: Part of the first night in Prague on my 9th grade class trip. One word: epic.
56) You can erase any horrible experience from your past. What will it be? -- Getting badgered by my primary school class for being a teacher’s pet blabla.
57) You have the opportunity to sleep with the music-celebrity of your choice. Who would it be? — Oh man, no one. I’m pretty much totally averse to the idea of being the fan and sleeping with the star. I guess I don’t like not standing on equal footing, no matter what sitation.
58) You just got a free plane ticket to anywhere. You have to depart right now. Where are you gonna go? — New Zealand, no further questions asked. It’s just … THAT place, you know. That place that I just have to see in this lifetime.
59) Ever been on a plane? — Yes, several times.
60) Give me your top 5 hottest celebrities. — No. And also, thanks a lot for doing this absolutely lovely questionaire <3